Saturday, June 14, 2008

Stay Close!

A couple days ago Lennox and I left Oliver playing in his room while it was Lex's turn for a bath. Oli started whimpering and then I heard him making his way to the bathroom. He came plodding around the corner on his hands and knees, looking for us. Then he crawled over to me and pulled himself up on my legs as I sat on the stool beside the tub. It's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. He even said "mama" (I know he doesn't associate meaning with that sound, but still) as he crawled. Since then he has been following me around the house and making his way close to Brother whenever X is awake. He's on the move.

5 comments:

Chiara said...

hahahaha - CONGRATS!! It is funny what milestones you are thrilled about and then the ones you wish would have NOT come! ;)- It's pathetic that I still haven't seen Lex. We should have a cousin get together soon...all the girls and kids. What do you say?

Alyssa Bateman said...

YAY! Oliver! That is so cute how he follows you around and stays by Lennox. They are so adorable! And good job Oliver on your height and weight you are just right! -Alyssa

Sam and Carmin said...

You are living the dream, Cambry! I think he knew exactly what he was saying while he crawled to find you. I am glad that you are treasuring these precious moments as Mom.

pamela said...

its amazing how life can be full of big important events but then the moments that make you the happiest are in the bathroom, witnessed my no one. it's sweet, and it's what makes the job of being a mom so great.

Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism said...

It was great to see your family at Grandpa Morley's. Hope all is well! I couldn't be happier for your family!